Police: Homeless huffer causes explosion

Police: Homeless huffer causes explosion »Play Video

ROSEBURG, Ore. -- It was a shaky situation Saturday morning, after a small explosion behind Rite Aid in downtown Roseburg.

Roseburg police and firefighters responded to a small fire behind the store on Stephens Street.

Authorities say Rex Tanberg, 52, a local transient, had started a fire to stay warm.

After he'd fallen asleep, a cleaning product he had allegedly stolen and was using to get high, had rolled into the fire and exploded.

Authorities have charged Tanberg for taking inhalants and theft.

No damage was done to the building.