The Winchester Dam was built in November 1890 and is in the National Register of Historical Places. Constructed from large timber cribs, the dam was originally built 4 feet high and in 1907 the dam was raised to sixteen feet. Winchester Dam provided water and electricity for the town of Roseburg until 1923. The Winchester Dam was built as a hydro-power facility for Douglas County. The damn no longer generates power, but now has a viewer-friendly fish ladder remodeled in 2004.
Foreground: Interstate 5 bridge support architecture. Midground: Winchester Bridge support architecture. Background: Winchester Spillway with rolling hills in the beyond.
www.pillarphotography.weebly.com - all rights reserved 2010